Registration is now open for our conflict resolution skills intensive training. Please see more details below, and register here to participate!
This year’s training program will be a hybrid format – 6 weeknight evening sessions on Zoom and 2 full-day in person sessions (at a North Shore location to be determined). You’ll learn principles of conflict management through presentations, exercises, discussions, and role-plays, guided by experienced trainers and coaches.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer mediator here in Essex County, this is the first step! The training complies with the MA Supreme Judicial Court Uniform Rules on Dispute Resolution and meets the requirements of MA General Laws, Chapter 233, section 23C to establish mediator confidentiality.
The training is also appropriate if you are looking to apply mediation and conflict management skills in your life and work, to help transform conflict in our community. Please register by November 21st to hold your spot in this year’s training.
– Tuesday December 6: 4:00pm-8:30pm (Zoom)
– Wednesday December 7: 4:00pm-8:30pm (Zoom)
– Thursday December 8: 4:00pm-8:30pm (Zoom)
– Saturday December 10: 10:00am-4:30pm (in person at a North Shore location TBD, Includes coffee, snacks, and lunch)
– Tuesday December 13: 4:00pm – 8:30pm (Zoom)
– Wednesday December 14: 4:00pm – 8:30pm (Zoom)
– Thursday December 15: 4:00pm – 8:30pm (Zoom)
– Saturday December 17: 10:00am- 4:30pm (in person at a North Shore location TBD. Includes coffee, snacks, and lunch)
Cost: $750. This fee includes 8 sessions – 6 evening sessions held on Zoom and 2 full-day sessions held in person. Coffee, light refreshments, and a full lunch are included for the 2 in-person training days. All participants will receive a hard copy and electronic copy of the Basic Mediation Training participant manual. Reduced registration fees available for community members for whom cost is a barrier to participation.
We value participants’ and trainers’ health, and will adhere to all federal, state, and local Covid-19 public health guidelines for the in-person sessions. We request that all participants confirm they are fully vaccinated for Covid-19 or provide a negative rapid test result on each in-person training day; to agree to wear masks if state or local requirements are in place at the time of the training; and to notify trainers of exposure to or symptoms of Covid-19.